NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBE

MoU signed by ENI and Pertamina - Cooperation in the areas of circular economy

ThePresident Director of Pertamina, Nicke Widyawati, and ENI CEO, ClaudioDescalzi, in the presence of the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, IgnasiusJonan, signed a Memorandum of Understanding to investigates synergies of theirrespective technologies, expertises and know-how, for jointly evaluating new collaborationopportunities in the areas of circular economy, driver for strategicdevelopment for ENI and its subsidiaries Syndial (environment) and Versalis (chemicals).The parties are willing to discuss collaboration opportunities in low carbonproducts and renewable energies development.

Inparticular, ENI and Pertamina agreed to explore opportunities and discusscollaboration in waste transformation processes and biomass valorizationprocesses, also leveraging ENI proprietary technologies, sewage sludge conversioninto biomethane production by anaerobic digestion, advanced biofuels from biomass,chemicals from biomass.

Furthermore,ENI and Pertamina agreed to explore and discuss collaboration in the field of recycleand reuse: water treatment and re-use processes and polymer recycling technologies,also pursuing eco-design processes to maximize final products recycle. The

Memorandumof Understanding also includes opportunities for collaboration in the research andtechnology development for waste valorization, carbon dioxide biofixaton andits re-use for sustainable mobility.

Finally, ENIand Pertamina will discuss cooperation and business opportunities both in

Indonesiaand internationally in renewable projects.

ENI andPertamina have also signed a Heads of Agreement for a joint venture aiming atthe construction of an add-on grassroots bio-Refinery in Indonesia. In thecontext of this partnership, key terms of a Processing Agreement in Italianrefineries has also been signed. This will enable HVO to reach the IndonesianMarket utilizing current ENI Ecofining Technology.

ENIhas been operating in Indonesia since 2001 and currently has a large portfolioof assets in exploration, production and development. Eni is the operator ofEast Sepinggan Contract Area through its subsidiary Eni East Sepinggan Limitedwhich holds an 85% Participating Interest while PT Pertamina Hulu Energi EastSepinggan holds the remaining 15%. Production activities are located in theKutei Basin, East Kalimantan, mainly through the Jangkrik field, in the MuaraBakau working area, that delivers production in excess of 650 mmscfd.


» More Information

« Go to Technological Watch




This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement N° 690103